Dozens of squares sewn together to form one magnificent creation
This is a photo of the actual project you will be making in the beginner quilting class.
Join Kathy for 2 weeks and she will have you quilting!
Learn the basics of quilting while making a table runner. In 2 Saturday mornings we will take you through the process of selecting fabric, cutting, stitching, quilting and binding. You may have some homework between classes. Prerequisite knowledge of basic sewing skills and how to use your machine.
Saturday mornings Sept 17 and 24 OR October 22 and 29 from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm. Cost is $84 plus materials and you must bring your machine in good working order
To register email kathynelles@ rogers.com or call 905-471-5399
Free Motion Quilting
This class is for those who have been quilting for a while and would like to upgrade their abilities to add more patterns to their stitching on their quilts. Prerequisite: Ability to build a quilt and get it ready for quilting.
Classes staring Wednesdays Sept. 21 and 28 and |Oct. 5 10 am to 12 pm. Cost $84 for non members and $78 for members and student provides all materials and supplies. To register please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students must provide the following:
1. Sewing Machine with Feed Dogs that lower
2. Needles for Sewing Machine
3. Neutral Coloured Quilting Thread like Glide Superior Thread, Masterpiece, Wonderfil Master Quilter or Coats and Clark Quilting Thread.
4. Darning Foot or Free Motion Foot for your machine.
5. Fabric Marker hard Pencil or Friction Pen to mark on the patterns.
6. Practice Panel Sandwiches minimum 12 inches by 12 inches to the maximum of a Fat Quarter
7. One Special Quilting Sandwich for final Samples of Plain Muslin marked with a permanent marker in 6 inch squares (can be machine stitched)
8. A notebook and pen.
Advanced Quilting Class with Peggy
Expand your quilting knowledge and techniques with Peggy's ongoing advance quilting class.
This is a very free, loose and outside the box kind of class designed to inspire, motivate and build on what you already know. Students will get to experiment with colour usage, decorative stitching and applying traditional techniques to modern approaches. You can visit Peggy's website at www.Peggykwan.com to find out what kind of quilting she teaches. You can also contact her by e-mail to arrange to visit the class to see if it is for you.
This class is on hold until future notice